in the heat of fever world Cupthe truth is that our stomachs are also predisposed to proving that the small snackthat the chessos, that the bandages and all we can think of to eat while watching the game of our the countries favourites, What Spain and Germany, a few countries, which have their fans and fans quite strong, at least in the case of the first country, where two of the most popular leagues in Europelike him Real Madrid and the famous Barcelona.
But since we know so little about soccer and more than foodWell, the World Cup for us is a celebration of prescriptions, because it means knowing a little more about the gastronomy of the different countries that compete there on the ground. This is why today we dedicate this text to Germanyone of the countries whose gastronomy is not always talked about or not as frequently as Spain, France and Italy.
The gastronomy German It is also characterized by being very spicy, but as in each country, it varies from region to region and is strongly influenced by the cultural and social environment of its parts of the world. southWhat bavaria Yes Swabiawhere many styles and dishes are shared with its Swiss and Austrian neighbours, but to the west another of its strongest influences is French cuisine.
Where does the pretzel come from?
However, the to taste that today we are going to teach you how to prepare at home is a classic of bavaria and some Oktoberfest, Well, it’s one of the most famous snacks to accompany German beer, have you guessed it yet? Well, we’re talking neither more nor less than the famous pretzels, which are often something like fried foods and/or heart-shaped buns.
and how he plays today GermanyWell, there’s nothing better than eating this snack ad hoc for the party, because passion also lives in the kitchen. What you need to know is that contrary to what many people think, these are not always the equivalent of very crispy Mexican churritos, but rather have a soft texture, like that of cookies and/or buns, but there is also the hard version, which is the best known in the world.
The prescription that we are going to share with you today is to prepare some pretzels That is pretzels soft, so that you can accompany them, either Beer or the coffee What do you take at game time? Its ingredients are easy to find and the flavor is slightly salty, so if that’s to your liking, you can eat it even with a dressing or sauce, if you feel like it, to celebrate that you’re in Mexico.
- 7g yeast
- 2 tablespoons brown or standard sugar
- 1 pinch of refined salt
- 1 liter of water
- 550g flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
- 30g of butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
How are you preparing?
- Mix the sugar in a large bowl Standard, yeast and refined salt. Add 1.5 cups of warm water and stir until smooth. Dough.
- On a floured surface, knead until elastic and smooth, place the dough in a perfectly greased bowl and let it rest for an hour.
- In another container, mix the baking soda with half a liter of warm water and set aside. When the dough is ready, cut it into 10 pieces, forming rolls 30 cm long and about the thickness of a pen. Form the pretzels.
- Dip them in the baking soda solution and place them on baking sheets, let them rest for another 20 minutes.
- Bake at 230° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt or cinnamon brown sugar.