The Chile It is one of the most common foods in Mexico. No one conceives their food without it and there are many variations in terms of the types of spiciness you can taste, but one of the most common, which we can find, are certainly pickled or pickled peppers, since they combine with practically everything: from eggs to noodle soup.
That is why we have decided today to share with you nothing more and nothing less than a Recipe to make delicious pickled peppers. Note that we can accompany them with a few vegetablesas the carrots, cauliflower and of course the jalapeno pepper, which are cooked with water, herbs and spices.
The advantage of peppers in Marinade is that once ready, you can keep them for a long time as a condiment or spice. The most used peppers are mountaineer and the jalapeño. To make them, cane or apple vinegar is usually used and among the herbs most often used are: oregano, bay leaf, thyme, marjoram, black pepper, allspice and garlic. .
How are jalapeño peppers made?
Although the preparation more common is with Chile jalapeñothere are some receipts where instead of these are used peppers gueros wholewho are much more spicy and even if today they can be found in cans, which we consume quickly and for the comfort of all. However, the reality is that homemade tastes richer and that’s why you’ll learn how to make them here.
The Marinade is a method of preserving food with vinegar, possibly originating from Persian That is Arabwhich derives from sikbâg, which means stew in the vinegar and other ingredients, which are even mentioned in One Thousand and One Nights, but there the cooking technique was used only with meat.
chemically, the usual pH In this type of preparation it is less than 4.5 and acidic environments stop the putrefaction of other organic tissues, such as meat, but it has been called pickled, any culinary preparation that includes immersion in wine vinegar as an acid medium. So get to work!
- 1 kg whole jalapeño peppers or rajas
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup oil
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 head of garlic
- Onions or slices
- Cambray potatoes to taste
- oregano to taste
- Bay leaf to taste
- whole peppers
How are you preparing?
- In a saucepan, lightly brown the cambray potatoes, carrots and your peppers, so that they soften a little.
- Add slices onion waves fries whole chambray. And right after, the spices.
- Add 2 cups of vinegar for as much water.
- Finally add the Salt and leave everything boiling and mix well to incorporate everything.
- Add the cauliflower to be incorporated into the rest of the vegetables.
- Boil for another 5 minutes and wait for them to cool.
- Wrap and serve.