The Christmas It’s just around the corner and we’re all beyond excited as the day is approaching when we’re going to eat delicious. And it is that during these dates the only thing we all crave is a good main course with enough garnish, such as the classic turkey or the stuffed loin and not to miss the tradition, today we will share with you a recipe that will leave you satisfied and happy. .
We are talking about a saucer it cannot, and is usually not missing in many homes, at Christmas dinner. Of course, we are talking about the stuffed loin, which makes us so happy year after year thanks to its spectacular flavor and we forget for a moment that pork is not only present in pork rinds, but also in dishes. gourmetlike that.
The filling of this Pork Loin It may vary according to each person’s recipe, but the traditional one is usually filled with minced meat and nuts, but there are also others that instead add apple and wrap it in bacon and even fill it of rice with vegetables or chorizo. Everything is already a matter of taste for the person who cooks it or who is going to eat it.
How did the tradition of eating pork loin originate?
The tradition of eating pork loin in Christmasdated Middle Ages, where at the start of the Advent season, 4 weeks before Christmas, people stopped eating meat and only ate fish, like in Lent, so once December 25th arrived, a big party was organized which lasted 12 days until the arrival of the Epiphany or Day of the Three Kings, on January 6th.
During these days the main course was wild pigwhich has become a typical Christmas dish, but over time this meat has been replaced by pork loin, which is incidentally less caloric than lamb (294), chorizo (455) or even the traditional turkey, which has 205 calories per 100 grams.
the Pork Loin contains only 120 calories per 100 grams without filling, according to some specialized health and nutrition portals, while the filling reaches 164 calories, 7% (2.9 g) of carbohydrates, 43% (7.8 g) of contents fat and 50% (20.6g) protein, according to the My FitnessPal online calorie counter, so eat your two slices with this delicious recipe. let’s go!
- 1 pork loin of about 2 kg
- 400g minced pork
- 100 g raisins or cranberries (if you don’t like raisins)
- 100g almonds, peeled and chopped
- 100 g pitted olives, chopped
- 1 fried plantain, cubed
- 2 carrots
- 1 potato
- 1 shallot
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of white wine
How are you preparing?
- Wash and cook your vegetables; cool them and cut them finely, set aside.
- Beat the eggs and mix them with the ground pork and the rest of the ingredients that are not the loin.
- Open the filet mignon and fill it with the meat mixture. Roll with hemp yarn and seal with a little oil in a pan, turning on all sides.
- Place the part in a refractory. Bathe it with a spray of oil and wine, bake it for 90 minutes at 180°C.
- Turn off the oven and let the piece rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice it and serve.