The sapote is spherical and elongated in appearance, whose hard texture is brown or reddish green. It contains inside a very aromatic pulp with a sweet taste.
In the culinary field, it is used in the preparation of fresh waters, smoothies, ice creams, jellies and sweets; and as a cure for high blood pressure, diarrhea, diabetes, insomnia, throat infections and general inflammation.
You might be interested in reading: Juice recipes that cannot miss in your diet
The varieties it includes are: white, black, green, yellow sapote, chicozapote or zapotillo, mamey, chapote and kaki.
- Improves digestive processes
- Source of vitamin A, calcium and minerals
- Prevents anemia and takes care of the central nervous system
- Boosts the immune system
- It’s antiseptic
- Beautifies hair and skin
- Improves hypertension
- Calms pain caused by scorpion stings and other conditions
- Fight scabies
- Improves insomnia and anxiety
Table with the nutritional value of sapodilla
The nutritional value of sapote fruit in 100 grams includes the following nutrients, according to ecoagricultor.com
|Total lipids (fat)||gram||1.10|
|Carbohydrates, by difference||gram||19.96|
|Fiber, Total Diet||gram||5.3|
|Calcium, Ca||mg||twenty one|
|Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid||mg||14.7|
|Vitamin A, user interface||user interface||60|
|Total saturated fatty acids||gram||0.194|
|Fatty acids, total trans||gram||0.00|
how to enjoy it
- 1 cup peeled and chopped sapote
- 1 unit evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup crushed ice
Mix all the ingredients and serve immediately.
2 cups brown sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil with the cinnamon, peppers and cloves in a Teflon saucepan.
- When it has boiled, let it cool and strain the water. Then mix it with the meat of the zapotes to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Separately, in the same pot where you boiled the cinnamon, boil 2 cups of water with the brown sugar until golden honey.
- Subsequently, pour the mixture of the liquefied sapote and with a wooden spoon stir the mixture until it thickens.
2kg. fresh sapodillas
1 liter milk cream
4 egg whites
2 packets of unflavored gelatin
1/2 lb. sugar
Beat the cream with the sugar and the pulp of the zapotes.
Bring the egg whites to stiff peaks and dissolve the gelatin in half a cup of warm water.
Mix the cream with the egg whites and the gelatin until all the ingredients are well integrated.
Place in a mold and refrigerate until the mousse is firm and cold.
Where it comes from
It is an arboreal species of the Sapotaceae family. Mamey, a word that comes from the “Taino” language pre-Columbian people of the West Indies and is a transformation of the word “mami”.
Some species, but not all, belong to the botanical family of Zapotáceas: Zapotes (zapotáceas), Chicozapote or zapotilla, Yellow Sapote, Mamey, Green Sapote, Zapotes (not zapotáceas), White Sapote, Sapote, Persimonium, Other zapotes: Yellow Sapote , South American sapote.
The mamey tree is an ornamental perennial that can reach a height of 40 meters and a diameter at breast height of over 1 m. The fruits are berries up to 20 cm long, ovoid, reddish-brown in color and rough in texture.
The mesocarp is sweet, fleshy, orange to reddish in color, with small amounts of latex when immature. It usually contains a seed up to 10 cm long, ellipsoid and black to dark brown in color.
Follow us on our social networks: https://twitter.com/PeriodicoHoy