Organizing a Christmas dinner is not so easy. As turkey consumption is so common in many countries around the world during the Christmas o New Year, several formal workers get free whole turkeys and other families go to supermarkets to buy one and cook it in Good night.
Likewise, the turkey is a large animal, which is why it is normal that at the end of the Christmas dinner, there is a large surplus which households normally take advantage of to consume it in the days to come. In some countries it is called “Overheated Christmas”. In this way, we leave you some alternatives so that you can prepare them and go out of the ordinary.
RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE WITH WARMED TURKEY
- Turkey and vegetable bread: Indispensable for breakfast or dinner at home. Whether with white bread or French bread, put mayonnaise on the bread, add vegetables like tomato, avocado, lettuce or spinach, onion and some spices.
- Turkey Salad with Raspberries: A healthy option when reheated after all that was consumed on Christmas Eve. Use romaine lettuce and spinach, add thin slices of turkey, raspberries, cranberries and walnuts. Season with a red fruit vinaigrette.
- Turkey croquettes: Good alternative for lunch. You will need to shred the turkey, add the butter, pepper and salt, chopped parsley and onion and mix. Form balls with the mixture and bathe them in scrambled eggs. Add breadcrumbs and fry. It can be accompanied by a fresh salad.
- Nachos: One of the best snacks you can eat You can prepare it like the original recipe with fries, beans, cheese and add turkey meat on top. You can accompany it with avocado and sliced olives.
- Turkey Flutes: Shred the turkey like chicken, season with garlic and pepper, and add the chopped onion and cilantro to the mixture. Put it in tortillas as if they were flautas and fry them. Serve with sour cream and cheese.
- Turkey Quesadillas: They are very classic. You can add something different, they can be very special and children will seek them out. Use the flour tortilla of your choice, add the mozzarella cheese and the turkey. Accompany them with any type of sauce. You can also serve them with avocado and olive.
OTHER DISHES FOR NEW EVE
- Pork Loin: After turkey, one of the most popular main dishes at Christmas. It is traditionally prepared as a stuffed loin or marinated loin. Although there are also other options such as loin wrapped in bacon and herbs. One of the most popular recipes right now is filet mignon with plum or berry sauce. This type of meat is a good option for those who are not turkey lovers.
- Romeritos: This dish is very popular. Romeritos are a very healthy type of herb with vitamins A, C and B2. They are accompanied by mole, nopales, potatoes, prawns and sesame seeds, and it is placed in the center of the table.
- Apple Salad: This is another good addition to the main dish, it is especially for turkey or pork. The best thing is that in addition to being very rich, it is very easy to prepare and is served cold. So you won’t spend all day in the kitchen.